Who we are
We already had the opportunity to meet some of you personally at our first event last November. But we didn’t really get to know each other. Well, with such a crowd that’s pretty hard to keep track of, right?
Yes! – as we think – and therefore we’re going to introduce each team member one by one in the upcoming weeks. So you get a better idea of who this crowd of volunteers is, who organize TEDxMagdeburg and just can’t get enough of it, apparently having too much of free time. In return, we hope to get to know you better at our events. So, let’s go!
Say hello: Alex!
Alex (or Alexander Heinrich) is the licensee and the project manager of TEDxMagdeburg. He is the one who gathered the whole team together and asked: why not? We did not know any answer (because it simply doesn’t exist) and just started planning the very first TEDxMagdeburg! Alex coordinates all areas of responsibility and also participates in the finance team.
Q&A about Alex:
- What is your favorite TED Talk:
Oh, there are so many! Nevertheless absolutely worth seeing is „How to control someone else’s arm with your brain“ by Greg Gage.
- One thing you’ve always wanted to do is:
To join one of these Sufi-Muslim parties, where everybody is running in a circle.
- Your favorite travel destination:
That’s a duel at the top between Hong Kong and Georgia.
- What do you love about the city you live in?:
Of course: all the wonderful people around me! And the fact, that the city is unfinished. Just try yourself out and everybody is cool with it.
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want to have a dinner with?
A street child of Mumbai.
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
Enjoying a breathtaking view, after a beautiful hike with wonderful people in great nature and with good food.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?:
- Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?
Smartphone, Portemonnaie and my bible.