Say Hi to: Joy!
Joy (aka Joy Weiß) is originally from the vicinity of Stuttgart. Now she is studying Business Economics at the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg. She joined us in November 2017, right after our first TEDxMagdeburg event. Since then she has been a member of our speaker support team. Currently, they’re working their way through all the speaker applications for TEDxMagdeburg 2018 since the application deadline is now officially over!
Q&A with Joy:
- Your favorite TED Talk is:
I don’t really have a favorite Talk, I guess…but „The Art of being yourself“ by Caroline McHugh @TEDxBerlinSalon has been the very beginning of exploring the TED-World for me.
- What do you love about Magdeburg the most?
There are a lot of green spaces here, such as parks etc. Also, it’s big enough to meet some new people and to stay anonymous while still seeing familiar faces ……Above all, friends and my close circle with whom I can enjoy time in the church, hobbies, sports and simply their company.
- Your favorite travel destination:
Almost everywhere: Nepal, Mongolia, Eastern Europe, Rocky Mountains, Indonesia, etc. There should be a good balance between nature, cities and meeting new people.
- Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?
My diary. There are just too many valuable memories written down, which I don’t want to lose!
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any quality or ability overnight, what would it be?
World-Traveler. To be whenever and wherever I want. 😉
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
Camping on a lake surrounded by a forest and mountains. Walking, climbing, swimming, campfires, etc. Doing all that with a close group of friends who also are also up to get a bit crazy, who you can laugh with and enjoy good conversations.
- One thing you’ve always wanted to do?
A spontaneous backpacking tour without a certain destination. Alone, with a friend or even with a group of friends.
- Three words your friends would describe you with:
open to the world, spontaneous, thoughtful
What would you like to know about Joy?