Karsten (aka Karsten Dietrich) took part in the very beginning of TEDxMagdeburg when the idea arose for the first time ever in a meeting of the Kulturkollektiv. Since then, he is taking care of the “child” while being responsible for all matters relating to our internet presence. Despite TEDxMagdeburg and the Kulturkollektiv in Stadtfeld, you can also see him on the stage of Magdeburg’s improv theater. Karsten has studied Computational Visualistics at the OvGU and has been working freelance as a web programmer since then.
Q&A with Karsten
1. Three characteristics your friends would describe you with:
An expert of dialects, a know-it-all, humorous
2. One thing you’ve always wanted to do?
An animated movie
3. Your favorite travel destination:
Quiet places where I get to decide for myself when to get out into the bustle to get new experiences and to learn something new.
4. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?
Notebook and wallet
5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any quality or ability overnight, what would it be?
Being lenient with myself
6. Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want to have a dinner with?
Nelson Mandela…if I could turn back time.
7. Your favorite TED Talk is:
„My philosophy for a happy life“ by Sam Berns @TEDxMidAtlantic
He just did the best with the time he had to live. Despite his illness, he always saw the glass as half full.